Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chaplain Candidate to Chaplain

I am edging closer to becoming a chaplain. I completed my Master of Divinity degree in May and will be ordained this August. Once I am ordained I can submit my request for endorsement through the NAMB. Then, I will submit my packet before the chaplain accession board in September hopefully. There is an open battalion close to my home so I am hoping to be assigned there. Little excited and a little nervous but still looking forward to it.

I have to admit it does feel good to not have a paper to write every weekend. School was pretty demanding at times and it took quite a bit of time away from my family. We have made up some time here lately and have had a really good time. Took the boys to Disney for the first time, we didn't want to leave. I am ready to go back but not when it is too hot. Long lines and heat do not mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment