Monday, February 8, 2010

Juggling Act

I told my wife the other day if my day job doesn't work out I can always join the circus as a juggler. I have become quite the expert at juggling task here lately. To give some of you an idea of what my typical day consist of it goes something like this: Start out getting the kids ready for school and daycare. Rush to get Colin or Carson dropped off at school, Natasha takes one and I take the other. Off to work, if things go well I usually get off around 1800 hrs (6:00). I rush straight to basketball practice most nights. Practice is over by 7:30, we get a bite to eat usually finished by 8:30. I have to run to the store to get milk, bread, and ice-cream sandwiches (Carson "has to have them"). I might make it home in time to help get the boys to bed. By now it is close to 2200 (10:00). I have to work on my class work. Working towards your Master degree doesn't allow much downtime. If I am lucky I can get in bed by midnight, but some nights it is much later. Am I complaining? Not at all, I enjoy every minute of my life. My pursuit is to serve the Lord, if this it what it takes then I am completely happy.

Oh, I have picked up another side activity. I have been writing for the Army Chaplaincy website. If you get a chance check it out, www.armychaplaincy.com. Lots of good information on the site.

I should be getting close to a unit assignment. CH Savage emailed me last week and said I may hear something this week. I am looking forward to it!

Pro Deo Et Patria

No comments:

Post a Comment